The target group for the program are young people 18-25 years of age who have a diagnosed psychological disorder and/or disability. The young person may have risk of harm behaviors including substance abuse, offending, transience & homelessness, self-harm and suicide. The young person may have:
- Experienced trauma including abuse and/or neglect
- High and complex needs including a lack of receptive and expressive communication skills
- Acute levels of stress and anger management problems
- Low confidence, self-efficacy and self-esteem
- Poor resilience and lack focus of attention and effort in a positive direction
The young people who make up the target group may have low insight into risk behaviour thus increasing their vulnerability.